1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

Timgaming's Last Stand.

Discussion in 'News' started by timsandtoms, Oct 6, 2014.

1. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    TimGaming will close on November 4th unless population and donations pick up. We currently do not have enough funds to pay for the next month of hosting, which will bill on November 4th. I've made posts about it before, but I can't keep trying to limp the server along like this. If things don't pick up, and quickly, the server will shut down permanently.

I'll keep the Double Donor Deal going for the time being(Until you see a post saying that it's over), despite the EULA. That means that if you donate $5, I give you the rank as if you had donated $10, if you donated $10, it's $20, etc. I've also added a $250 rank, for those of you who are insane enough to want it, although there aren't any new exciting things I can add until the full 1.8 update. For now, it's just 25 homes(Up from 150's 11 homes).

The server is already in the hole, financially speaking. If we can't dig our way out, and build up enough to survive the next couple of months, this will be the end of TimGaming, at least as a Minecraft server. The domain is already paid for for the next few years, so the URL may become active in the future as a small server for some other game for those of us who hangout in Ventrilo, but there will be no way for me to start up another Minecraft community in the future.
  2. The_Neptune Distinguished Member

If the server does not pick up, can there be a posted world download?
  3. KnightZack60 Knighteray

Minecraft Username:
    KnightZack
    #/healfor250vips
    XxsnowfifteenxX likes this.
  4. DiscoSensation Distinguished Member

minecraft got boring in general try a different game
  5. boar401s2 Mr. Roboto

Minecraft Username:
    boar401s2
    :(

It's been fun guys! I've laughed, cried, smiled, and frowned when on timgaming, but it's certainly been a part of me for a long time! It'll be sad to see you guys go.

Add me on skype: JohnRobertBoard. Can't guarantee I'll add you back, but to help your odds, mention your from timgaming, and your username.

I don't really play much these days, but if anyone's interested, I play a bit of Lord of the Rings Online, if you want to do that together.
    ELITECR3W* likes this.
  6. The_Neptune Distinguished Member

That's a good opinion, now my opinion is minecraft is an awesome game and that timgaming IS the best server in the 'verse
    ELITECR3W* and KnightZack60 like this.
  7. Getparanoid Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    GetParanoid
    As I always state, maybe its time to look for a new host. But none the less, all things must come and go at some point or another. Its been a great time and I had a ton of fun on the server, I'll never for get the times and all the people I've met on TimGaming.
    cactusman777 likes this.
  8. KnightZack60 Knighteray

Minecraft Username:
    KnightZack
    Ze day LOTRO comes to linux shall be the day I never leave my computer.

edit: I don't want the server to close. :( But I can't donate, and everyone who can has done so already (or my ears deceive me). But yeah, if we still have Ventrilo and the forums, we could surely be able to pull something together. You could call this the new stage in Timriels life. :D
  9. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    I'll put one up for the last couple of days, but not long before that, in case things do pick up, so check the website often.
    Ventrilo will be up, but the forums are hosted on the same server as Minecraft.
  10. XxsnowfifteenxX Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    XxsnowfifteenxX
  11. boar401s2 Mr. Roboto

Minecraft Username:
    boar401s2

I'm sure with a bit of fiddling around you can get LOTRO working on Linux. I think I may have even done so myself.

https://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=4891
  12. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
  13. Cuillere Member

Minecraft Username:
    cuillere
    Hey Tims,

I've got a friend at school who hosts stuff on a Linux server, usually live sports streams, whom I've had a talk with today.
    He's getting a 150/150mbs dedicated line installed at his house, and is crazy passionate about hosting stuffs.
    I "negociated" with him and he'd be willing to host the server for 20$/month, max 40 slots.
    All I need to know is are you interested, and when do we start? =)

(If you want to discuss stuffs, Skype: thisaint15chars)
  14. mac115 Distinguished Member

Was bound to happen. Timgaming has been going downhill in my eyes since 1st map. We keep getting new players but they are all annoying brats and not like our old player base. Wish i could go back in time to the better times on this server but sadly that is not possible. Tims, any way of getting a world download for the first map. I don't want memories lost.
    cactusman777 and Getparanoid like this.
  15. mac115 Distinguished Member

Been a fun time with all of you guys. Seen alot of people come and go as the times rolled on. Will miss this if we do shutdown, but i am on Steam. Username is mac1152 i think. don't play alot of games on the computer but i sometimes get on once in awile.
    miney2011 and Getparanoid like this.
  16. Alison141414 Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    alison141414 ---> Nessillia
    I admit that I haven't been online, there has been a death in my family. Some of you may remember me flying repeatedly to Texas to take care of my grandma, will after a hospital error she has passed. My family is in the middle of a law suit with the hospital over the event and the task of cleaning out her house (She was a collector of collections) has fallen to my mother and I, I have been voting (actually just voted, my streak is at 55). I have made sure to keep voting though but it is just too hard for me to play right now. Emotions have been all over the place, but I do hope that timgaming stays up because when I am happy enough to play again I would like to have my home of a server to return to. However if anyone wants my skype is the same as my username feel free to keep in touch!
  17. Alison141414 Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    hey! I was a new player at one time and not one of the old ones, hope I wasn't too annoying!!
  18. missionary3 Distinguished Member

In case you guys didn't know, Timgaming hasn't shut down yet. No need for goodbyes.
  19. Alison141414 Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    Honestly I haven't checked anything of anything until today so to me it feels sudden and kinda final. With everything going on in my real life its been crazy.
  20. KnightZack60 Knighteray

Minecraft Username:
    KnightZack
    u think ur so clever huh m8.