1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Steam Summer Sale Is Almost Over!

Discussion in 'Everything Chat' started by BONESAW74, Jun 20, 2015.

1. BONESAW74 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    The Steam summer sale is almost to an end. What have you all bought? What do you want to buy? What will you buy in the last few minutes? Do you have any recommendations for noobs to buy?
  2. Hannurr Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    There was so much I wanted to buy, but I'm saving my money for an upcoming holiday. I want alien isolation and really really really want dying light most. My brother got outlast which I'm going to play with him, and by play I mean hide behind a giant teddy bear while he plays.
  3. xBL00DYxM1STx Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    This year didnt do it for me, I already had all the games that were good deals ):
    cactusman777 likes this.
  4. BT267 Distinguished Member

Yea, i didn't really get much this year at all. I already have pretty much every game I would want that did go cheap. So, I decided to spend a little more on a game, and picked up project CARS today because I'm a huge racing game fan. We'll have to see how it goes, as I've heard both good and bad about it. Didn't really like the monster game thing or whatever this year either. The team competition idea they had last year was awesome, and I think they should have done that this year too. But, I guess people want variety also. One more thing for those who would like to buy fallout New Vegas, just buy the ultimate edition right now. It's only 4 dollars more and you get like 12 dollars worth of dlc. I'm still mad I didn't just get the ultimate edition from the get go, because now I don't know what I want to do.
  5. MarvinTheRobot Paranoid Android

Minecraft Username:
    I just bought a bunch of classics (and remakes of classics):

After the Doom and Quake games one of the most influential FPS games of all time Duke Nukem 3D:

Another great classic, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux:

Just bought it to have it in my collection, would not recommend buying it without looking into it first. Alien vs. Predator Classic 2000:

Gothic 3, never played it, it's supposed to be good, has been recommended to me (also see reviews):

Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny; did not play the original but I played the sequels, also played the pen and paper game that it's based on:

Might buy a few more before the sale ends, not decided yet, don't really have time to play all of the games, but they are just sooo cheap, damn you steam sale!
    (paid less than 15€ for all of those games combined; 74 games on my wishlist left, 70 of them on sale...)
  6. halfdane Fun Police

Minecraft Username:
    There are too many games to name that are great, worth buying, and something you would enjoy.
    I personally purchased This War of Mine, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Payday 2 DLC, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, CS:GO, and Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
    I will probably purchase on later sales: hotline miami 2, lethal league, ori and the blind forest, darkest dungeon, fahrenheit: indigo prophecy, kentucky route zero, shovel knight, and talos principle.

If I could only spend $50 on steam I would buy (not final just a quick thing): Terraria $2.50, One Way Heroics $.87, Dark Souls $4.99, Skullgirls $2.50, Castle Crashers $1.49, Payday 2 $4.99 (or Left 4 Dead 2 $3.99), Skyrim $4.99, all 3 Bioshocks $10, Garrys Mod $4.99, One Finger Death Punch $1.49, Saints Row 3 $4.99, Cave Story $4.99, and Risk Of Rain $2.49

If you see this before the sale is over and want co-op games with a 2 in their name: Payday 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands 2, Trine 2, Torchlight 2, Orks Must Die 2, Sanctum 2, Dark Souls 2, Killing Floor 2, Half Life 2 (with synergy), Team Fortress 2, Serious Sam 2, Arma 2, Dungeon Defenders 2, and Age Of Empires 2 HD.
  7. cactusman777 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    3 more copies of csgo so I can smurf my way to hell.
  8. BONESAW74 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username: