1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Server News So Here's The Deal With Timgaming.

Discussion in 'News' started by timsandtoms, May 22, 2016.

1. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    I think the time has come for me to stop leading the TimGaming Minecraft server. I've loved running it for these past 5 years, but lately I've been neglecting it, and I think that it's just time for me to move on.

So, the important bit, what does this mean for the server? Well, hopefully, nothing. I have no interest in seeing this place close down, so if there is anyone who is interested in taking over, or if multiple people are interested in working together to keep the place running, I'd love to hear from from them. Post here, send me a message on the forums here, catch me in Ventrilo(info is in the top right of the forum), drop me an email(same name at gmail.com), or hit me up on Steam(same name). I'm more than happy to stick around and help make sure everything transitions over smoothly, and I don't plan to do anything different with the domain name for a long while. I'll pay for the server out of pocket for a couple of months to help get everything in order, but I can't do it for much longer than that.

We've had a lot of great friendships grow out of this server, and I'll have nothing but fond memories of it, but I think it deserves better than I've been offering it. I'm not good with the whole lengthy goodbyes thing, but I'll be around to answer any questions y'all might have, and I plan to keep the Ventrilo running, regardless of the server status.
  2. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    i'd hate to see you go :(, you say your a shitty admin but I want to tell you something well maybe your activity is shitty but when you get on to handle things you do great. whether you think it or not, you will be greatly missed by many if not everyone. With that said, I would rather like to see this server continue on.

I'd be willing to do whatever to help out keep the server going here. So count me in on the list
    Hannurr likes this.
  3. pilotkip Administrator

Minecraft Username:
    pilotkip
    I certainly understand how being solely responsible for such a large project as an entire world can be taxing. Tims, thank you so much for all that you have done to create this world. I have made some absolutely wonderful friends on this server, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I would like the server to continue for a long long time. I would be more than happy to be an active member of the board.
    Fahlur and Hannurr like this.
  4. Hannurr Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Hannurr
    I do not want to see the server die!!! I'm 100% committed to doing whenever I can to keep it going. I don't know anything about running a server but im good at all the fancy pretty things like advertising, promoting, content, moderating etc. My entire job revolves around doing that so count me in for anything I can do!
    pilotkip and Fahlur like this.
  5. boar401s2 Mr. Roboto

Minecraft Username:
    boar401s2
  6. boar401s2 Mr. Roboto

Minecraft Username:
    boar401s2
    It takes a lot of dedication to maintain something like this long term. I could never do it... (well I could, but I wouldn't want to!). I find your motivation really amazing.

I respect your choice to move on. I think that it'll stand you in good stead for the future!

All the best in your new job :D
    pilotkip, Fahlur and Hannurr like this.
  7. KnightZack60 Knighteray

Minecraft Username:
    KnightZack
    Where did you come from? I miss you
  8. McChickenEX Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    McChickenEX
    First off
    The fuck man, I haven't see you in forever.
    I think its time Pedro takes over. Its for the best.
  9. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    VOTE FOR PEDRO
    Washingtonjp and xxmxxapple like this.
  10. boar401s2 Mr. Roboto

Minecraft Username:
    boar401s2
    I crawled out from under my rock for a brief moment.

Call it intuition, but I started to expect timgaming to slow down, so I've been checking the forum regularly for the last few days. Looks like my hunch paid off.

And I miss you guys too D:
    Fahlur and KnightZack60 like this.
  11. puplova2014 Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    puplova2014
    I am willing to help in my spare time wherever help would be needed
    Fahlur likes this.
  12. zbrozz Member

Minecraft Username:
    zbrozz
    If help is needed do not hesitate to ask Mr. Tim I am more than willing to moderate or advertise. Hit people with the discipline stick if they get out if hand. As a side note, do not doubt your ability as admin you have done a fantastic job.
    Fahlur likes this.
  13. Washingtonjp Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    xWashx
  14. metam_ziel Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Zielen
    I have to thank you tims for bringing this wonderful server to life, and I am sure everyone agrees on that, so whether you choose to give up the reins to a person or a group to continue on with this, I will help out in any way I can, to you and to whoever steps up. I would step up myself if I were financially stable, but alas, there is other things stealing my money :I But, on a happier note, I'll do my best in any way to make sure that this server flourishes even more than it has, thanks for all these awesome years of playing on timgaming cx
    Fahlur likes this.
  15. SeaStories Distinguished Member

Ditto to what everyone else said. We're going to miss you. I haven't been on too much lately but this is about the only place i actually come back to.

Thank you Tims for the years of dedication!
    ashleyhayre, Fahlur and Hannurr like this.
  16. Dpasi314 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dpasi314
    Although my time on Timgaming has been limited (if I spend anytime playing Minecraft lately at all) I'm honestly proud to say this was my first server. You had made such a welcoming community, Tims and it was seriously one of the coolest experiences that I could have asked for. The staff you hired were truly inspirational (Honestly, if I hadn't gotten to know PurelySatanic as well as I did, I probably wouldn't have decided to become a Computer Science major in college.) It's actually sort of weird to think of it that way, that the server had actually such a large impact on my life, like so substantial is actually had shaped the road that I'm taking to pursue a career in Comp Sci. I had so many wonderful experiences here, and I made a lot of really cool internet friends. In the end, even though I played Minecraft so much that my computer ended up burning my leg (true story... for another day though) I likely wouldn't have changed anything that I did.

I understand what it's like to feel like you have to move on. I respect your ability to recognize that you probably ought to focus more on other things than managing a server all the time and that's probably for the best. It's hard trying to keep up a server that was so successful for so many years, so successful in fact that I had tried to replicate it's success with other servers looking back on the days that I was actually obsessed with Minecraft and Timgaming. Point being, imitation is the highest form of flattery, and Timgaming happen to foster one of the coolest player communities, staff grouping and generally cool everything.

So thanks Tims, for the good times. I hope that owning the server has shaped you as much as it has me and that wherever life takes you down the road it'll be something you love!
  17. cactusman777 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    cactusman777
    cheers fam
    Steezymeat likes this.
  18. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    But tims..... your the tim in timgaming.....
    Fahlur likes this.
  19. Avatharian Mystery Mod

Hey remember that time you and I were setting up the server and it got hacked within like 3 days?

Good times.
    Steezymeat and Washingtonjp like this.
  20. McChickenEX Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    McChickenEX
    Remember when I jumped into a broken end portal and it crashed the server for 5 hours. Good times.
    Remember when