1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Plugin Survey

Discussion in 'News' started by pilotkip, Jul 21, 2016.

?

How important is McMMO to you?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2016.
Not important at all. 3 vote(s) 18.8%
Meh... 6 vote(s) 37.5%
It is very nice. 7 vote(s) 43.8%
I can't function without it! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. pilotkip Administrator

Minecraft Username:
    pilotkip
    Want to get a feel for what is important to you guys. How important is McMMO to you?
  2. Hannurr Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Hannurr
    I'm really conflicted! I like how it makes certain things easier like tree cutting ect BUT I'm really really like vanilla minecraft and I feel like mcmmo takes away from the vanilla experience, if I recalled correctly didn't a lot of people in the town hall meeting say that they liked how timgaming felt like it was 'real' minecraft? I remember when tims first suggested it I dug my heels in and was strongly against it but playing with it I didn't totally dislike it however I think I would be happy to see it gone, I don't like too many bells and whistles attached to servers. I like simplicity and cleanness.
  3. puplova2014 Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    puplova2014
    I like mcmmo but to be honest, it isn't making a huge difference besides a few skills like superbreaker, drillbreaker etc. and if you think about it at even level like 275 in mining, stuff like superbreaker only lasts like about 7-10 seconds. There are a few cool things here and there about mcmmo but other than that it's all just levels and stuff. I like that it makes a little more of a fun twist on a normal survival game without taking everything about surviving away from the game. However, I don't think it would be very different without it either. I am quite in between though honestly I don't think it would bother me if it was gone but at the same time it's not a bad feature.
  4. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    One thing super breaker includes that you may not know about pup, is that it has a chance to double ores, and that chance is higher the higher level you get, if you want double redstone, lapis, emerald, quartz or diamond ore, it requires silk touch for those. The higher level you are the higher chance. Also if you get alchemy to a high level you can make potions such as haste 2 for 1:30 and various other ones like resistance, absorption and whatnot.
  5. Eatin_Cheese The Xrayer Slayer

Minecraft Username:
    Eatin_Cheese
    I was dead set against it at first, I hate grinding levels (that's why vanilla MC was appealing to me to begin with, little to no grind). However I really really wanted to be a troll with nausea potions... kinda still do lol. It also added a novel twist to pvp, for example being able to summon a dog was pretty nice in combat.

That being said, I could take it or leave it. Honestly if it's holding us back from updating to a new version of the game, drop it like yesterdays trash.
    KnightZack60 and Pheonix_Knight like this.
  6. Pheonix_Knight Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    Pheonix_knight
    I've almost always played with mods, but the only thing I really use it for is cutting down big trees faster. I'm with Cheese; if it's holding us back from updating to a new version, get rid of it.
  7. oscardogg Distinguished Member

I have grown to like it, but as Cheese says drop it if its keeping us from updating......:)
  8. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    Its not keeping us from updating, we are 1.9.4 now, we will be 1.10.2 soon enough. He is wanting to find out what plugins we really want to keep and ones we dont.

TBH subway should go. its on its last leg and I dont think it will survive much longer
    Razer4Lyfe likes this.
  9. KnightZack60 Knighteray

Minecraft Username:
    KnightZack
    If subway doesn't cause any issues I don't see why we shouldn't keep it. It's unique and one of the oldest things Timgaming has had.
  10. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    The problem is, subway generation, the manual singles no longer works, and the generation is twitchy, when I attempted to generate subways of a small radius, it "finished" but after wards during a restart after the restart it did it again. As well as world edit seems to have an annoyance of constantly breaking on schematic pastings of signs with text. which caused tims from expanding this map earlier.
  11. MagisterAcroama Distinguished Member

I get really excited when I get some doubled diamond ores; and it definitely makes chopping down giant oak, dark oak, and jungle trees a LOT easier. There are definite perks, but I wouldn't actually be upset if we didn't have it anymore.