1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

The Ender Compass

Discussion in 'TimGaming Development' started by Fahlur, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    Topic Last Updated: 07/02/2017 @ 10:34am CST
    [IMG]

The Ender Compass is a plugin utility that allows players and staff to teleport around using a simple compass.

Features:
    • Ability to teleport to long distances by simply left clicking with a compass at a target location
    • World Guard Flag "EnderCompass-Use" keeps a user from teleporting in and out of the region with the compass
    • With the proper permissions, Teleport around in the End dimension
    • With the proper permissions, Teleport around in the Nether dimension (Without fear of ending up on the roof)
    • Teleport under water
    • Prevents you from teleporting in lava
    • There is a 0.008% chance of a "kick back effect", this meaning you couldreceive one of the following effects.
      • Receive the following effects for 10 seconds. Hunger II, Confusion II
      • Receive the following effects for 10 seconds. Blindness II, Mining Fatigue II, Slowness II
    • Ender Compass Teleport Max Distance is now configurable. 312 by default, but could virtually be as high as you want. (I wouldn't advise too big of a number)
    MarvinTheRobot likes this.
  2. DCKPlays Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    DCK_Plays
    The annoying thing about this is the ender mite that spawns every 5 times you use the compasses :D Also died two times today
  3. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    Endermite is a 4% chance. It's literally the same chance as enderpearls. As for death. From what?
  4. DCKPlays Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    DCK_Plays
    The ender mites spawned on the 1 block platform I was on and knock me off.
  5. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
  6. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    [IMG]
    Go potentially 100x+ Further than even World Edits navigation compass

With a bit of time and patience, I now have a new script in Ender compass that allows you to initially break the minecraft view distance barrier. If configured it can go virtually hundreds of times further than even world edits compass. I have tested this with 512 which is double what world edits cap is. I went and did this with 1024 and went into unloaded chunks. Not ideal but it was quick and far!.

This has been tested at a range over over 9,000.. yes I used that meme. I aimed at the horizon and clicked, it literally took a second and it found a cliff (that was in the "line of sight" outside chunk render distance xD) that was OVER 1,000 blocks away

With this the Breaking Limits update will occur with the following updates

The next update will be the increased range of say 312. Then the following update will include the overhaul of the no limits update.

• Minecraft 1.12 Compliant
    • Configurable Reach Distance (default 312)
    • Endermite removed
    • Chances for kick back effects will now be 4/500 (0.008% chance) by default (configurable)
    • Optimizations, etc
    • .. Much much more
  7. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    I tiny video :p.. Updated original post with new content and the following video

puplova2014 likes this.