1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Server News Possible Downtime.

Discussion in 'News' started by timsandtoms, Feb 18, 2017.

1. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    The timgaming.com domain name is up for renewal soon, and I'm taking the chance to do something that I've been putting off for a bit(since around March, specifically. March of 2012.), which is transferring the domain from GoDaddy to Namecheap, due to GoDaddy's support of the SOPA legislation. There may be some downtime while everything transfers, but it should be up relatively quickly. In the meanwhile, you should still be able to connect to the website and Minecraft server with the IP address, which is 216.55.177.81. Using the IP is a temporary fix, and you should always default to using the domain name if it's available.
    MarvinTheRobot and pilotkip like this.
  2. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    Delaying something for five years? I'm proud of you.
    KnightZack60 likes this.
  3. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    The goal was just to avoid giving GoDaddy more money, and I paid for the domain for 5 years before the whole SOPA thing since it lowered the cost.
  4. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    Well proud you planned on doing something about that when it came to its renewal time. Also nice to see you again! :p
    pilotkip likes this.
  5. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    Well, good news and bad news, I fucked up the transfer(misstyped my auth code), and by the time I realized why it wasn't working, the domain had expired and I had to renew with GoDaddy. But, got it renewed, got it transferred, so that'll be the last time I give GoDaddy money. It also looks like there won't be any downtime. I don't know much about networking, so my worry was that it wouldn't also transfer over DNS stuff well, and we'd lose how it was currently setup, but it looks like that all transfers correctly along with the domain.
  6. Fahlur Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Fahlur
    propagation usually takes up to what 48 hours but can be noticed within a few minutes. its still propagating but for us its all good :)
  7. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    Nope. There was nothing to propagate. My concern was that the nameserver configuration wouldn't transfer to the new registrar, but it did, so it never switched away from using Codero's nameservers, and there were never any changes to propagate.