1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

Shit ton of HW I missed, now making up. *Just for me to copy

Discussion in 'Everything Chat' started by Malvian, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Malvian Member

P 11-15
    Old Stone Age- 2,000,000 BC - 10,000 BC Paleolithic period.

New Stone Age- 10,000 BC Neolithic age, Period of change. Farming began.

Animism- The belief that animals, dreams, and objects held spirits and forces.

Checkpoint #1: What skills did Old Stone Age people develop in order to adapt to their surroundings to their needs?
    -Adapted to making stone tools to hunt, and fish for food, and traveling often.

Neolithic Revolution- The transition from nomadic life to settlement and farming.

Domesticate- To raise plants or animals in a controlled environment to be best suited for the humans to use.

Checkpoint #2: What major lifestyle changes did farming allow people to make?
    -It allowed people to domesticate animals to help in the assigned jobs, and allowed people to settle in one area, while still having a surplus of food to survive on.

Checkpoint #3: What new inventions did people invent as a result of agriculture?
    -Clothing from animal hair / vegetable fibers, and stone tools and domesticated animals as plows / planters.

P 17-22

Civilization- Complex, highly organized social order.

Checkpoint #1: In what ways were river valleys ideal locations for civilizations to develop?
    -River valleys were ideal locations for many civilizations because it allowed fertile land for farming, rivers for trade, transport, and water, and land to breed animals.

Polytheistic- The belief in many gods

Artisans- Skilled craftsman

Pictographs- Pictorial representations of objects and or words.

Scribes- The very few people who could read and write in the early civilizations.

Checkpoint #2: What roles did governments play in early civilizations?
    -It gave people their specific jobs, and the punishments for law breaking.

P 30-31

Mesopotamia- A region within the fertile crescent

Sumer- The first civilization, located in southeastern Mesopotamia

The Epic of Gilgamesh- Mesopotamian narrative poem, describes a great flood that destroys the world.

Checkpoint #1: What geographic features made the Fertile Crescent a good place for civilization to develop?
    -It had amazing farm land, so the people could easily settle, and have a surplus of food. It also had a lot of land to breed animals, giving them clothes, shelter, and food.

P 32-34

Cuneiform- Earliest known writing. Used wedge shaped marks on clay tablets.

Checkpoint #1: What advances did the Sumerians make in mathematics and astronomy?
    -The Sumerians recorded the movements of the stars and planets, they also established a number system based on the number 6, dividing the hour into 60 minutes, and the circle into 360 degrees

P 36-40

Sargon- The ruler of Akkad

Hammurabi- Emperor who brought much of Mesopotamia under control

Codify- To arrange and set down in writing, all the laws that would govern a state

Civil law- Branch of laws that dealt with private rights and matters (Contracts, taxes, marriage, ect.)

Criminal law- Branch of laws that dealt with offenses against others (Robbery, assault, murder, ect.)

Nebuchadnezzar- The ruthless 2nd kind Babylonian.

Checkpoint #1: Name a significant contribution made by the Hittites, Assyrians, and Babylonians.
    - Hittites: Iron, Assyrians: Alphabet Babylonians: Libraries
  2. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    Re: Shit ton of HW I missed, now making up. *Just for me to

Oh my. This is worse than my friend Kyle.
  3. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

Too much hw. Need minecraft. Cant solve force equations and write in spanish anymore.
    Dhsuidjeoiehjeidcbwjksoqpalzlydwunxwisowjxbwjsozdbwuelcmmw. Sssssss thats a nice completed pile of homework u got there.
  4. nmckay Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    nmckay

What grade are you in? I'm in 6th and I'm learning about this stuff.
  5. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

9th. We just started the unit. Im in adv. Physical science. Its weighted and every unit gets confusing. But the teacher is cool and i have an A or 5.0 gpa in that class:)
  6. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85

5.0gpa? Holy shot you're smart!
  7. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

Well just in that class. Overall now i prob have a 4.2
  8. Malvian Member

Nmckay, the reason why you don't get it is because you're in 6th grade, and just starting to learn this. You review this shit through college.
  9. nmckay Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    nmckay

Oh.
  10. CelticChristoph Potatorator

Minecraft Username:
    CelticChristoph

I don't know what you're talking about...

I learned all of this my 6th grade year during our first and second trimester... literally. I still have the projects we did. I even have the papyrus parchment we wrote on.

And I haven't heard a damn thing about it since then. I'm now in my second year of college.
  11. Malvian Member

Well, in my area you review the same things + some a lot.
  12. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85

Celtic! You have trimesters just my school. Well, my high school not 6th grade. Were did you go to school?
  13. CelticChristoph Potatorator

Minecraft Username:
    CelticChristoph

Lincoln Middle School
  14. Bob Distinguished Member

I learned this in 6th grade, and then this year we briefly reviewed it in AP World History.