1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Regarding burning people in your house.

Discussion in 'News' started by timsandtoms, Mar 18, 2012.

1. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    This has come up a lot lately. If you are not in a PVP area, do not burn other players. That's all there is to it, the ONLY place to kill other players is a PVP area. Lava, fire, gravel, fire aspect bow, TNT, luring mobs, I don't care. DO. NOT. DO. IT. Got it? Doesn't matter if you just come across them in the wilderness, if they're in your house, on your lawn, petting your cat, or sleeping with you in your double bed. If you do, whatever they lost is coming out of your pocket to replace, and you'll get yourself a tempban for a couple days. This is a game where the main focus is building, and seeing what others have built, and I'll not have you guys all trying to tell everyone else where they can and can't explore, as long as they aren't interfering. After someone decided they wanted to start blacklisting folks on their city last map, it just all spiraled out of control and started causing massive headaches for the mods, and drama for all the players. We're not going to have any of that.

Now, the one exception to this is if they're causing problems. If someone is jumping all up in your face so you can't see, trying to pick up the stuff you're mining, hitting buttons while you do redstone, and just generally causing trouble, yeh, sure, take some screenshots and get rid of them. If you don't take screenshots, it's your word against theirs, and they'll have LogBlock to back them up.

If I see anyone randomly lighting players on fire, I don't care if you just started that day, or if you've been around for the past 13 months, you're going to get a temp ban.

(And, again, there is a difference from just being in your house, and actually being in your way and causing a problem.)
  2. TheGoodDoctor373 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    TheGoodDoctor373
    Some type of evidence would help.
  3. I can say truthfully that he did burn whats-his-name, however, sgt did (sorta) have a good reason, and I also believe that he asked Eroll for permission to.
  4. Sgt_Sheep Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Sgt_Sheep
    That is lovely. This thread was posted when? Today. And when did i burn you? 5 days ago.

Also boar, that was in the end, yesturday, but a diferent player, after ero said i could.

Harry, or djthomas over here, is banned, and has been for over 4 days.
  5. skifrager Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    skifrager
    But I like drama. It's the key to any good movie, show, game and going around trying to make money is very minimal because of limited investment opportunities. I don't want to be mean and steal. I just want some type of indirect anounced agreed on fighting deals that ppl can make. All i can do now is mine and farm and build and gamble in the nether and the arena. Those things get old. Because of lack of commitment and trust clans don't do a whole lot because they cant have conflict. they are almost useless now. Thanks for listening hope when can get some sort of program set up
  6. Erollinus Propdep of Minitrue

Minecraft Username:
    Erollinus
    But why would we "set a program up"? This is a server for a game that's primary focus is building, not fighting and starting clan wars. The game is for building with your friends. We just so happen to be a server that has a clan plugin (which was to cut down on the HUGE amount of cities we had last map) and PVP in the Nether, which was always on but no one noticed.

I don't think we'll be setting anything up more so than what we have now. We have PVP in the Nether, and we're building a Colosseum in Spawn. That should be enough.

Need something to do? Download Schematic2Blueprints, and go to mcschematics. Download a schematic, and see if you can rebuild it somewhere on the map.
  7. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    ^Although as an aside to that, we're not TOTALLY against adding more, even if we do think things are fine the way they are. Your best bet is to post a well thought out post in the suggestions section, with links and specifics to what you think is a good idea. Don't just go WE NEED CLAN WARS IT WOULD BE FUN, give us a link to a plugin that does that(For Bukkit), explain why it would be a good idea, how you think we could avoid the drama involved, where we would put the arena, things like that. Give us a specific plan that we can troubleshoot, don't just suggest MORE STUFFS!
  8. crafterjake11 Member

• This user was warned for this post.
    hey tim i don't know if you remember me but i was here 2-3 years ago and i got banned because i guy lead me to diamonds but i didn't know he was using x-ray so if you would unban me that would be great because i caused no trouble before and i love this community so if you would be kind enough to let me back on i would very very very APPRECIATE it. :)
  9. crafterjake11 Member

• This user was warned for this post.
    oh and i didn't know were to sign up an appeal so sryzs
  10. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    Instead of looking around the forums, you decide to go to page 2 of the NEWS section, make TWO posts(instead of editing your first), both of which were off topic, and claim you were banned 2-3 years ago, on a server that's only been around 20 months, for an xray related offense, which is nearly always a permanent ban to begin with. Seriously, how in the HELL did ANY of that seem like a good idea to you? Consider your appeal denied. Do not make a new one.