1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

What would you like to see in Timcraft?

Discussion in 'News' started by PurelySatanic, Mar 21, 2012.

?

How do you feel about clans?

I enjoy them and want them to stay 26 vote(s) 46.4%
I dislike them and want them gone 13 vote(s) 23.2%
I'm indifferent about them 17 vote(s) 30.4%
  1. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Hey there,

I just wanted to get an up to date overview of what players would like to see in Timcraft, or what they would like to see removed from Timcraft. It's all open for discussion here - but keep it on topic.

Some examples:

• Plugin Additions
    • Plugin Removals
    • Event Additions
    • Website Additions
    Throw your ideas in here, and I'll browse over them and we'll see if we can do anything about it.

Note: I've added a poll for my own interest, and it's not reflective of anything happening on the server.

Attached Files:

2. TheGoodDoctor373 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    TheGoodDoctor373
  3. TCNC Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    TCNC
    I miss the plugin that allowed us to gain skill xp and see our skills, it gave the non builders/pvpers something to aim for. I don't know the name of what plugin that was so I didn't look around Bukkit too much. Perhaps it just hasn't been updated but I am curious ;).
    kingmario75 likes this.
  4. andman1 Distinguished Member

More events would be fun. Saka said somewhere about treasure chests in spawn city with mob eggs we can hunt for.
  5. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    That's one of my plugins. I'll get it updated this sunday and put it back on.
    DJNaughtydog likes this.
  6. TCNC Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    TCNC
    Thanks Purely!
  7. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    Honestly, I would like to see the nether become non-pvp.
    Cobblewolf likes this.
  8. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    I actually wanted to have a non-pvp version of the nether, but HalfDane shot down that idea.

Another thing I had suggested was make a portion of the overworld a PVP Enabled area with signs posted around it (similar to the wilderness in Runescape) for an added variety of PVP landscape.
    Cobblewolf and kingmario75 like this.
  9. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    Currently I've been working with tims to create a PvP arena in the overworld. Also pvp area like runescape honestly would be terrible
  10. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Yeah, I heard something about a PVP Arena. There are some hurdles we have to overcome for that though like properly disabling compass in that region.
  11. andman1 Distinguished Member

I honestly disagree. If would be a lot better like that.
  12. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    To me it means a large area that can't be built on.
  13. andman1 Distinguished Member

The map's big enough.
  14. versinipestis Veteran Member

I personally want to see the return of the custom crafting recipes that allowed you to craft double half slab blocks, make ice from four snow blocks, make mossy and cracked bricks and create silver fish blocks. As A builder I found simple plugin additions like these to be the most affective.
    DJNaughtydog, MarvinTheRobot and TCNC like this.
  15. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    That can be added back on, I'll get one of us to see if it's updated and ready to be put back on.
  16. alxnns1 Member

Minecraft Username:
    alxnns1
    I agree. I miss how the server was before the update
  17. TheGoodDoctor373 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    TheGoodDoctor373
    Not at all, our population is constantly growing. We will need all the space we can get.
    Cobblewolf likes this.
  18. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Realistically speaking the only constraint of our map size is the size of our SSD. But we like to expand when we're ready. (I need to make subway generation more efficient and reliable so that it's easier for us to create.
  19. SakabaShogun ಥ_ಥ

Minecraft Username:
    SakabaShogun
    You also need to find out whats wrong with them right now.
    They say station set, but don't send you to it.
    Instead, they kill you on the cactus.
    Cobblewolf likes this.
  20. MarvinTheRobot Paranoid Android

Minecraft Username:
    MarvinTheRobot
    1) I miss your skills plugin, is it coming back? Edit: lol while looking up the portal plugin there have been some posts, and the question has already been answered :)

2) A plugin for player run shops (still working on it?) would be great

3) I would like to see gates/ portals added so that new players can find interesting locations more easily.

Make it really expensive to set up gates (e.g. 1million or even more), so they don't pop up all over the place. This way cities/clans can link to each other, or to/from their spawn lots.
    + if someone is willing to pay that much for a portal, it's liekely a lot of work has been put into the site the portal is linking to
    + might encourage more team work to work on a common project and raise the money
    + newbies can find cool stuff on the server more easily so more of them might stay on the server
    + money drain
    - a little more work for the mods (setting up portals); well if the plugin below works there won't be any extra work for the mods as it's integrated with iConomy, so players can set up protals on their own

I don't think an extra plugin is necessary but this one would be awesome as it allows networks (e.g. for clans).

EDIT: seems like the author was banned from the bukkit forum... but the plugin still seems to be in use/updated o_O???

Clans could have their own networks and also link to other clans/cities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xzbmp7UlXw&lr=1&user=uggames

The plugin has a lot of really cool features, e.g. integration with iConomy :)

It can even charge players money for using the gate (money can go to the owner or disappear).
    Addon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04oo40MW6OU

A ton of other options (e.g. gate sizes/shapes)
    Link to the plugin: http://forum.thedgtl.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5
    TCNC likes this.