1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Map testing for hardcore server.

Discussion in 'News' started by timsandtoms, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    5/29: Server is whitelist while I finish up the last few things.

I need some opinions for what you guys like for the terrain on the hardcore server. I'll be leaving it up for a little while with creative mode on, so folks can fly around and look at the terrain. Use Shift+F3, and look at the biomes, and post here which ones you'd like to see more or less of. I'll randomly be resetting the map and changing settings as I gather opinions, until we end up with good settings.

The IP is timgaming.com:25566
  2. kingmario75 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Kingmario75
    I'm not a good judge, but looks fine too me :)
  3. boar401s2 Mr. Roboto

Minecraft Username:
    boar401s2
    Except for the graphics lag, it looks exactly the same to me... Ohh... and about that lag... it didn't really work as I had hoped, I wanted network lag, not graphics lag... -disingages auto-ghast-spawner-.... Me? Malicious...? What makes you think that...

http://imgur.com/t5d8B
  4. Bcaseb Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    Bcaseb
    huh, guess my main computer's post didn't go through. I tested it out earlier, I was expecting the sea level to be at something like 100 instead of the default 64.
    also, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the huge biomes. seriously, this is amazing, the jungle near spawn is like 3-4 far view ranges, the snow biome is massive, deserts are massive, etc. Also, I couldnt find an ocean in the 20 minutes I was on. which is completely fine. I'm guessing you havent added any plugins, as all the non-standard commands are gone.

also, please add the factions mod, which enables clan-based protections based on your clan's power level. (start out with 10chunks/player, lose 4 power per death. chunks become claimable once your clan's power drop below your number of protected chunks. players can go to a maximum of -10 power, so this cannot be over-abused too badly, unless most of your clan is retarded/betraying you, which would probably result in mass-theft anyhow.
  5. Bcaseb Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    Bcaseb
    I like to see supermassive biomes. as long as each biome is very large, and it takes a lot of effort to get from one to the next, I'll have no qualms.

also, higher sealevel.
  6. Tashadon Member

factions mods awsome. im testing it out on other servers getting ready for pvp and its great :) hope to c u all in game soon :) and hope its kickass server.

PS were back to page 2 on server list well doen guys.
  7. gunman25 Member

Minecraft Username:
    gunman25
    Faction plugin, I like the jungle biome, but make it closer to spawn.
    Mountains would be EPIC!
  8. ECMBlacklite Redstone Engineer

Minecraft Username:
    Ekem
    [IMG]
    It's a little bit destroyed.
    TCNC and JellyBelly like this.
  9. Bcaseb Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    Bcaseb
    yea, I took some screenshots late last night, I dislike jungles except as sources of cats/wood. They're far too easy to make bases in, and you can have massive bases hidden with ease. I built a giant block of tnt in the jungle and lit it, its got a big clearing in it now. The snow biome got fucked up, but it wasnt me.

I may or may not have made a few signs. w.e

also yea, big mountains, supermassive biomes, and factions mod. and anticheat mod. I tested xray/flying on the server and they worked, so im guessing you havent installed orefubscator yet. (yes, I will be removing zombes mod for playing hardcore)
  10. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    So everyone likes it exactly as is? Don't think we'd need more forest or less ice plains or anything? I'll fiddle with the settings for height and whatnot still, I just wanted to get input on the ratios of various biomes to each other. There SHOULDN'T be any oceans.
  11. SakabaShogun ಥ_ಥ

Minecraft Username:
    SakabaShogun
    I think the surface is nice, the large biomes are wonderful (surplus of wood e'rywhere!)
    The one thing I'd like is if water level was 96 of 128 instead of 64. Could make for better underground fortresses, as well as giving a lot more room to mine in.
  12. Tashadon Member

I really like it and look forward to seeing it, I really like jungles I don't mind you can hide big bases in it and I love the big biomes. Will you need a t help making a spawn because I may play around a little in creative and see what I can make up if you like it you can use it. Also do you have a planned size on spawn ?.
  13. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    I think that amount of jungles should be minimized, to make it more "rare".
  14. Tashadon Member

Why do u want them rare ?. we need ltos of stuff. Have u ever played on a pvp server ? 99% of it will b reducde to baron wastelands anyway. There will b no trees in sight mud huts all over the place
  15. cactusman777 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    cactusman777
    No factions plugin! It means protection, so it is even less of the hardcore than it will be. Protections mean you can sleep safe. What fun is that :p
  16. cactusman777 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    cactusman777
    And also tasha, it wont be mud, that will all be gone, along with grass. It will be cobble and stone. Cobble from people greifing spawn with lava/water, and stone from blown up ground by yet more spawn greifings. Log onto 2b2t.net to see for yourself :p
  17. Bcaseb Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    Bcaseb
    well, not really. Those "protected" areas can be taken by enemy factions with extreme ease. It doesnt mean you can't tnt cannon or fight your way in. It just means you cant steal/break blocks with tools. You can still wander in and kill people, or aim a tnt cannon, which has been made easier by tims. I say factions mod stays. If you've ever played on a good server with factions mod, you will realize it isnt just a protection mod.
  18. camjubinville Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    camjubinville
    i cant get on i when i type ip it goes to timgamming that's not hardcore.
  19. Cooperade Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Cooperade
    I recommend removing creative, 12 year old attention seekers are spawning hundreds of ghasts/pigmen/blaze instead of using creative wisely.
  20. 3HBU Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    HBU
    Are you doing it the right port number on the end? 25566 instead of 25565. So "timgaming.com:25566" is what you type in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.