1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

Add /spawn and /home to the "Hardcore server"

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by Pupps90, May 29, 2012.

1. Pupps90 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    pupps90
    Just do it... Otherwise it will be the same as another crappy server. Make it better. Also check out my post in the official thread.
    JellyBelly likes this.
  2. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    If you don't like it, you're welcome to not play it, but having /spawn and /home would certainly make it not hardcore.
  3. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

I think / home is not hardcore, but / spawn is.
    I thought we would have a /spawn. How do we meet up with people? Exchanging coords?
  4. sargeant55 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    _PublicEnemy_
    i agree with tims..
  5. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    One other suggestion to add here for Hardcore server.

A boxing ring at the spawn.

Have a little PvP area inside the non pvp area (spawn) that is only accessible by dieing and respawning. This way, you only have your fists and no armor, etc.

I know I will get flamed for this suggestion cause most players like their epen digital armor/weapons, but real men (and women) fight with fists of fury.
  6. adurlene Banned

That would be fun, i think thatbshould be added as a side thing
  7. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

That sounds fun! Also, dont make it huge like the other arena. Maybe 15x15 with stairs ( no multiple stories) or really tiny( 6x6 flat)
  8. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    Yes, small like a boxing ring. This way, fists of fury may fly and land. :)
  9. Tashadon Member

If u add /spawn to the hardcore server you get 10 5 year olds with iron and diamond armour camping spawn its a BIG nnoooo. The game isnt about KDR its about survival and building a base and team. ive been on a HC server siwht spawn and all it is is diamond armour guys who are established killing people in nop armour theres no sport. The spawn is just a place to start and when you got away you should never need to be withing spawn again.
  10. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    I agree Tash, but I do think they should add /home
  11. bornassassin456 Distinguished Member

I have to say, I don't like the idea of /spawn, but If i could I would add /clan home and you get to use it twice a day. I think that it is a good idea because people who are new to the server and join a clan, with no armour, shouldn't have to walk over 2500 blocks or further to get to the clan base. It's not hardcore, but it is a good idea. Other then that I'm happy with the server :)
  12. JellyBelly Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    JellyBelly41
    Although it may in the littlest amount, it takes out so much pain and annoyance that makes it worth it. Honestly, you hard set idea to make this server "100% hardcore" is just becoming a little too much. If the overwealming majority of people want a /spawn, why not put it in? I honetly don't understand. I see this a lot with Vanilla servers. Why follow so strictly it if it is going to be boring and uneventful, or just be a huge pain to everyone?