1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

The definitive TimGaming pre-1.3 FAQ thread

Discussion in 'News' started by timsandtoms, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    There has been a lot of questions and misinformation regarding the 1.3 update. This topic will aim to clear all that up, and get you all up to date on what we'll be adding and changing.

When will the server update to 1.3?
    A few things need to happen before we can update. First, Bukkit needs to have a build out for 1.3. Bukkit is the server software that enables us to use plugins. That should be ready on the 1st or the 2nd. Then, we need to wait for our core, crucial plugins to be updated and working. That should take around 3 days.
    Should we update our clients to 1.3?
    That's up to you. If you update, you'll either need to switch back to the 1.2.5 minecraft.jar when you want to play on TimGaming, or wait for us to update before you can play again. Most servers won't be up to date for a few days, so I would suggest not updating until we do. You'll know we've updated because when you try to connect, it will tell you your client is out of date. If you update to 1.3, you will not be able to play TimGaming until we update as well. Just hit "NO" until you can't connect to the server, THEN you hit "YES" to update.
    Will the old map be deleted?
    No. We will keep the current(1.2.5) map around, and you'll be able to access it via a portal in the portal room, exactly like we have with our first map(1.7). It will be view only, and NOT editable. This means you can't go take down your golden house and sell it to get money on the new map, or go take things from your chests. It may take us a few days to get the old map up, depending on plugins.
    Will we keep our inventories?
    No. This will be a reset, a fresh start.
    Will our money reset?
    Yes. You will start with the starting 10,000 that everyone gets. Donors will get any donor money as well(T50,000 for every $15).
    Will our ranks reset?
    Donors will keep their donor ranks. We'll have a few things changed on this map, and we'll be clearing up a lot of the files/configurations on the server, so all the players at user rank will be reset back to newbie rank, and asked to run through the guide again.
    Will the newbie guide be forced?
    Probably not. It turns a lot of people off from the server. We WILL make it annoying to opt NOT to do it, but you can ignore it if you choose to. You will, of course, still be held to the servers rules.
    Can I reserve land/a spawn lot?
    No.
    Are any rules changing?
    Griefing UNPROTECTED things will be allowed. I'd still appreciate it if you didn't, of course, purposely ruining someone elses good time is never a good way to make friends, but it's not fair to the moderators, or the other players, that players can expect to not pay for a protection, and still have the benefits of having a mod punish players for messing it up.
    You're allowing griefing? But it's such a pain to protect things/the plugin sucks/what if there's no mod on?
    The protection plugin will be updated. It'll allow things like the redefine command(You'll only pay the difference), and multiple protections before they need to be accepted by a mod, so that there won't be ANY excuse for not having a protection on your stuff. Griefing of PROTECTED things will NOT be allowed, and we will not be accepting excuses, such as "OH, IT LET ME BREAK IT, I ASSUMED IT WAS UNPROTECTED" when it's someone on the region. If you want to break it, you check for a protection first.
    How big will the map be?
    Really big. And we'll be managing the SSD better for this map, allowing for larger expansions. I don't know exact dimensions.
    Will there be a mining map?
    Yes.
    Will there be protections below height 16?
    Yes. All the protections in the normal world will be //expand vert, meaning they go sky to bedrock.

EDIT 1:
    Will donors start with their donor money?
    It will be delayed by a couple of days. The plugin hasn't been made yet to automatically hand it all out. On the plus side, it will give everyone a chance to get land, instead of a few large donors snapping it all up!
    Player made arenas?
    Definitely not at the start. We're discussing it for later on.

EDIT 2:
    Will the server address change?
    No.
    How do ender chests work?
    They have a separate inventory for each player. You can put your stuff in one ender chest, and access it from any other chest in the world.

EDIT 3:
    What about PVP?
    The nether will no longer be PVP. PVP will now only occur in arenas.

Will we be able to protect the nether?
    No. It will still reset occasionally to allow for continued mining of glowstone. You don't need to worry about nether wart now though, it will grow in the overworld.

EDIT 4:
    How much will spawn lots cost on the new map?
    We haven't decided for sure yet. We'll probably have a few really expensive ones that are required to kinda stick with the theme of spawn town right next to spawn, and then have cheaper ones farther out. They'll probably be around the size/cost of our current ones, which are varying sizes(Spawn, head left, up the hill), and are T30,000.

I heard something about player run shops and a trade district?
    We'll be tweaking /shop a bit to allow more room for player run shops, and adding in a sign based shop plugin, probably http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/scs/. /shop will be changed so that an item sells for 40% of it's buy value, instead of 50%, meaning there's more room for players to buy/sell items and still turn a profit. http://i.imgur.com/GVOYe.jpg is our rough layout. Commercial will be the trade district, residential will be for houses, and this will actually be enforced. I mean, we won't be blowing up your house if you say "Hey, meet me at my house, I'll give you that stuff", but we'll probably blow up any trade signs(AND their contents) that we see in houses. Trade signs, not just showcases.

I'll update this post as more questions crop up.

Attached Files:

• slide.jpg
      slide.jpg
      File size:
      149.9 KB
      Views:
    xmillons70x likes this.
  2. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

- if your ready, player made arena's. Also how do ender chests work on multiplayer?
  3. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    PvP in nether? Nether protections?
  4. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    *demands to make a new arena*
  5. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    I'd also like to point out that although this article doesn't list it, I am in fact amazing.
    killerhornet25 likes this.
  6. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    An amazing fuck wit.
  7. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    Is the slide the new spawn area?
  8. McChickenEX Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    McChickenEX
    I'm happy about everything BUT the no pvp in the nether, I can't set my TNT traps anymore. :(
  9. What about the Wild mongoose that rides the ChodeMobile?
  10. BT267 Distinguished Member

ok, so will the map be for download now? u said it will when 1.3 is out.
  11. razorunicorn Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    razorunicorn

lol can i reserve lots?:
    no LOL
  12. xxmxxapple Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Corrupt_Apple
    I already updated to 1.3. is it possible to un-update and go back to 1.2.5 till the server is ready?
  13. cactusman777 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    cactusman777
    'Will donors start with their donor money?
    It will be delayed by a couple of days. The plugin hasn't been made yet to automatically hand it all out. On the plus side, it will give everyone a chance to get land, instead of a few large donors snapping it all up!'

'Are any rules changing?
    Griefing UNPROTECTED things will be allowed. I'd still appreciate it if you didn't, of course, purposely ruining someone elses good time is never a good way to make friends, but it's not fair to the moderators, or the other players, that players can expect to not pay for a protection, and still have the benefits of having a mod punish players for messing it up.'

What do we do!
    Cooperade likes this.
  14. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    I'll put the map up for download after we UPDATE to 1.3, so that there won't be any more edits to it in the meantime.
    Not unless you backed up your 1.2.5 minecraft.jar first, or can find someone who will send you the file.
  15. TashatheDON Member

I got a copy of 1.2.5 if needed dunno where to uplaod it tho for any1 needing to drop back. Im goign topp update to 1.3 how ever and wait as im sure 99% of the people recenlty took a small break to we update so will see u all soon :).

wooooooooooooooo 1.3
  16. Voldemerry Veteran Member

So, when exactly (if you estimate when everything comes out) will timgaming be updated to 1.3?
  17. supermariolover Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    supermariolover
    Parkour arenas for money? :)
  18. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    It will update when it updates and no sooner. It literally could be hours or could be days. The over / under would be 4 days.
  19. kissypaw If life gives me lemons, I chuck em' at people.

Minecraft Username:
    kissypaw
    Its not mentioned because its automatically given on every post. So if someone says, "SakabaShogun just tea-bagged me! I wish he would do it again." The period is really abbreviation for "And, PurelySatanic is Hella Awesome!!" So any period in any post is really just a tribute to you. . . . :)
    PurelySatanic likes this.
  20. kissypaw If life gives me lemons, I chuck em' at people.

Minecraft Username:
    kissypaw
    THAT was YOU!!! Son of a.... &*^#$%&@*&^#$%^#*$*&#^%$%! That being said, it was really pretty awesome. :)
    Dan_the_man85 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.