1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

This is why I can't have nice things...

Discussion in 'Help, Support, and Bug Reports.' started by kingmario75, Aug 3, 2012.

1. kingmario75 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Kingmario75
    [IMG]

Well, less than three hours after downloading 1.3 I managed to completely fuck it up. Now, you may be wondering how I managed this,(if not just go ahead and leave this page now) so here's how it happened. So I was walking around, checking things out when I started to miss my mini-map. So, I hopped online and downloaded it. Several clicks later and a wee little tampering with the minecraft files, and I can't play at all. I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks :)
  2. bstats2 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    bstats2
    Delete your minecraft.jar file and then redownload it from minecraft.net.
  3. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    What bstats2 said. The mini map probably isn't compatible. That the very reason it can take days or weeks for the server to update to the newest version. Sometimes things just don't want to play together nicely.
  4. McChickenEX Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    McChickenEX
    Try taking your bin file, and blowing it up.
  5. MitchGlitch Distinguished Member

did you delete the META-INF if it was compatible
  6. ECMBlacklite Redstone Engineer

Minecraft Username:
    Ekem
    ^ This
    And I think you need ModLoader for most minimaps... Do you have that?

And if none of this works, go to into "bin" and delete your minecraft.jar, then start up the game. It will then reinstall the .jar. From now on, I suggest making a copy of the WHOLE .minecraft folder before messing with anything.
  7. kingmario75 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Kingmario75
    Ya, I have to re-install it.
    And yes, I deleted the file and I had modloader. I just did it wrong.
  8. adurlene Banned

Helpful.
  9. McChickenEX Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    McChickenEX
    I know right?!?!?!
  10. kingmario75 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Kingmario75
    So I tried this, and I was very confused as to why it wasn't working. So I checked the region's flags, and it turns out that TNT is disabled. So, I had to settle for just deleting it.
  11. Pupps90 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    pupps90
    Don't listen to them... Download tekkit, and play with that... Unless you want singleplayer
    Dan_the_man85 likes this.
  12. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    Try deleting the system 32
  13. kingmario75 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Kingmario75
    Already tried that, turns out I'm so awesome, I don't even need system 32 to use my computer.
  14. Elmier Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Elmier
    Get spout.