1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.

Ban For Extreme Profanity

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by Presmar, Nov 24, 2012.

?

Bann for proafinty

Let them cuss 24 vote(s) 80.0%
Ban for profanity 6 vote(s) 20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Presmar Member

Tim,i have suggested this before and you said you bann for being mean.Here was your exact words:
    "we do,we bann for poopy-nes and wel ask them to stop.if they keep saying it we wiil ban them."

well tims,frankly im tired of showing my mom my house i built and people saying di** and ni**** and iv seen people say that and then mods just be completely quiet.However saying shi* and as* and da** would be ok
  2. JellyBelly Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    JellyBelly41
    What. The. Fu- er, firetruck.
    cactusman777 likes this.
  3. Presmar Member

im sorry i just hate halfe of my screen being spammed with people cussing people out and you mods should do something about it
  4. adurlene Banned

Exact quotes..? Tims spells pretty neatly.

Timcraft caters to an older range of players, meaning most players are familiar with cussing/profanity. It would be very difficult to remove it all together, even if tims and the mods agreed on laying a punishment for it. You can, however ignore any players who cuss too much for your likings.
    bstats2 likes this.
  5. CelticChristoph Potatorator

Minecraft Username:
    CelticChristoph
    Well Presmar, stop showing your mom your house then, or turn off your GUI when you do so she can't see chat. You may also do as Adurlene said and either mute a player by using the /ignore command, or you may leave the Global channel. There are many methods for not having to witness that kind of talk.

However, as it is, this server has no policy against the use of most language. If the language is extremely derogatory, or is specifically being guided at someone in harmful manner, mods will usually step in then. However, beyond that, there are few things in regards to language that are not tolerated on this server. This has always been the Timcraft way, and unless for some reason the vast majority of the player base suddenly decides that it wants a profanity free server, I don't see this happening.

And even then, I'm still not sure I see it happening. Lol
    bstats2 and xmillons70x like this.
  6. JellyBelly Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    JellyBelly41
    As adur said, you can just /ignore [Players Name] and that will essentially mute them from your chat. You can also just turn off your chat altogether while showing your mom your builds.
  7. Presmar Member

i know,im 16 and my mom looks at my screen and just calls me "trashy" for being on this server.
    BUT it is the best server in the world and completely NOT trashy
  8. Presmar Member

yall wanna see something scary?
  9. Presmar Member

well too bad idk how to insert images int the chat bar
  10. adurlene Banned

11. JellyBelly Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    JellyBelly41
    Bud, if you're 16., you need to prove that somehow. I honestly (not to be an ass or anything) believe you're blatantly lying.
  12. TBritts Moderator

Minecraft Username:
    tbritts13
    Well then when you're showing your mom your house, turn off chat with F1 or in the chat settings.

To be honest, to ban for profanity is a bit hard. I mean, I'm a culprit to yelling out a cuss or two when I fall into lava, or just when I'm pissed over something. It shouldn't be too big of a deal, and half the kids on here are already fu- I mean, screwed up. There's not much you can do, because it's pretty damn hard to enforce.
    xmillons70x likes this.
  13. Presmar Member

Tbritts i know i mean if u fall in lava with a silk touch you can yelp a cuss er two but iv seen people saying just terrible things cuz a zombie killed them and they had crappy stuff
  14. Presmar Member

and jellybelly how do u want me to prove im 16?
    It was i typo im 14 i wasnt lying
  15. Presmar Member

:D yall like my new smile dog avatar?
  16. adurlene Banned

I still do not belive that you are 14.
    bstats2 likes this.
  17. Presmar Member

and why not adurlene?
  18. Presmar Member

you gunna answer adurlene?
  19. Cooperade Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Cooperade
    Yes, we like your smile dog avatar..

This feels like an interrogation. We don't believe that you're 14 because you're talking with bad grammar, your mom doesn't like bad words (I guess that's normal) and talk with colored and large text makes you seem a little bit immature.

Do you watch rated R movies with your parents?
  20. Presmar Member

why dont yall believe me?