1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

Server Update The New Shop

Discussion in 'News' started by PurelySatanic, Jan 11, 2013.

1. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    This is a preliminary list of commands that will become available when the shop goes online.
    This page will update with new content when the shop comes up, currently this page is just to familiarize yourselves with the new command syntax.

Basic Commands:

/shop tutorial
    - Display the tutorial
    /shop help
    - Display a help message (context sensitive)
    /shop list [<pagesize>] [-highlow|-lowhigh]
    - Lists items in shop
    /shop [search] <name|id>[:<data>] [<amount>] [-highlow|-lowhigh]
    - Searches for a given item
    /shop info <name|id>[:<data>] [<amount>] [-highlow|-lowhigh]
    - Brings up a list of items that meet the criteria for your information search
    /shop toggle <autocomplete>
    - Toggles different shop parameters, changing functionality of the shop. These parameters are persistent through restarts.
    autocomplete: toggles the ability to skip the /shop select <index> command when purchasing or selling items. Will pick the most relevant result to complete the transaction.

Purchasing/Selling Commands:

/shop buy <name|id>[:<data>] [<amount>] [-highlow|-lowhigh]
    - Brings up a list of items that meet the criteria for your purchase
    /shop sell <name|id>[:<data>] [<amount>] [-highlow|-lowhigh]
    - Brings up a list of items that meet the criteria for your sale

Navigation Commands:

/shop select <index>
    - Selects the item related to the commands /shop [buy/sell/info] and either displays relevant information or completes a shop transaction.
    /shop page <page>
    - Navigates to a given page
    /shop next
    - Navigates to the next page
    /shop prev
    - Navigates to the previous page
    /shop cancel
    - Cancels any current action

Admin Commands:

/shop add [-h] [<parameters>]
    - Adds an item to the shop
    /shop remove <index>
    - Removes an item from the shop
    /shop modify <index> [-h] [<parameters>]
    - Modifies an item in the shop
    /shop lookup <player> [<parameters>]
    - Looks up a player's transaction history

NOTE: Any shop query may contain quotations around the item name to set the query into "precision mode", in which a transaction will complete automatically if only one result is obtained. Furthermore, it'll only show results that match the input exactly (IE. they must be equivalent).
    NOTE: An object in < > brackets represents a parameter. An object surrounded by [ ] brackets are optional parameters. Brackets with an | symbol within them means that any of the parameter types within those brackets will work.

Example:

<name>
    - This would take a "name" as a parameter, so if it's an item, you'd type in the item name (No spaces)
    [<name>]
    - This is an OPTIONAL "name" parameter. It is not required for the command to work
    <name|id>
    - This is a parameter that accepts two types, a name or an id. If it was an item, it would accept the item name or item id.

EDIT BY TIMS: You CAN still purchase items in only one command. Use
    /shop buy "gold" 5
    To buy 5 gold bars. There will be no confirmation screen, and we will not refund any mistakes you make using this. The confirmation screen is there to derp-proof the /shop, and using quotation marks is there to enable power users to still buy/sell using only one command.
  2. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

How do you use buy different variations of items with that command. Like blue wool, and jungle wood.
  3. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    There are two options, and they're totally dependent on what we do on our side. Now any type of wool is just considered "wool", so if you were to type /shop buy wool, it would list all the variations of wool that we have in the shop. But they'll be listed as Wool[D:<data>] where <data> is the data value of the wool (or, in other words, the color of the wool) and that would require you to know the data value for the color you want.

However, if we add an alias to the wool (another name basically) and say we alias Wool[D:6] to be RedWool or something, then type /shop buy RedWool would work...

It sounds complicated, but it's not really.
  4. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Here is an example of the shop interface when you're searching for wool. These are the different wool types.[IMG]
  5. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    Request: Aliasing data values and enchantment names.Wool[D:Blue] is more helpful than Wool[D:3], as is DiamondSword[E:Bane of Arthropods IV] vs DiamondSword[E:remember_that_game_at_chuck_e_cheese_where_you_step_on_the_spiders_well_this_is_kind_of_like_that].
    ddempsey94 likes this.
  6. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    You can alias an item name, not item data or item enchantments. Just give an item you want an alias like "RedWool" and it'll show up as Redwool[D:6] and as for enchantments, you can use the alias feature to name the item based on the enchants. Otherwise it'll just show something like DiamondSword[E] (it does not describe what the enchantments are unless you request /shop info on the item.
  7. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    Wait. We can buy enchanted items?

Also, good job on the plugin, Purely!
  8. MarvinTheRobot Paranoid Android

Minecraft Username:
    MarvinTheRobot
  9. Dpasi314 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dpasi314
    Awesome, thanks Purely!
  10. sgtspaghetti Distinguished Member

Ok makes sense. Can't wait to try it!
  11. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
    That hadn't occured to me. IN MY DEFENCE. THAT WAS POSTED IN THE SHORT SPAN I WAS DEAD DURING LOL. >_>
  12. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Just a quick update, I'm going to try to have it ready for today, but I've decided to restructure some of the code so that'll take more testing time. If I don't get it out by this evening, then look towards the end of the week for a release.
  13. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    Yes, Purely is quite lucky.
  14. JellyBelly Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    JellyBelly41
    I'd like to think you were drunk when you typed that, but I think you just need some sleep...
  15. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Depending on what time I get home and whether any issues arise, the new shop should be live around 6:30PST.
  16. brandonian9 Distinguished Member

Um.... but me and ashley did... :/
  17. Dan_the_man85 Exalted Member

Minecraft Username:
    Dan_the_man85
    Well, purely does a lot of the testing for his plugins.
  18. Sgt_Sheep Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Sgt_Sheep
    I was first I think
  19. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    I have to say that the shop is a bit hard to grasp and not too intuitive. However, Washington did a great job of explaining the process and I suggested he write a book about how to use the new shop. I came up with the title "how to /shop for dummies". :)
    bstats2 likes this.
  20. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Which part is unintuitive or hard to understand?