1. Trying to use the shop? Use /shop tutorial in-game for a quick overview. Visit here for a command overview.
  2. Keep in mind our server keeps running because of players like you! Be kind and vote for us!

Server Update The New Shop

Discussion in 'News' started by PurelySatanic, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    2 things that stick out to me are:

1) too many steps to buy or sell something.

If it was possible to make it one step (i.e. /shop sell dirt 20.0) it would be easier for folks to pick up. I know the sub categories make it difficult to do in one line and it may not be possible to make it one command instead of 2.

2) the help section doesn't explain it well.

Washington explained it by giving an example for each command. (i.e. he said "to sell an item you type /shop sell item amount" "then you must type /shop select subcategorynumber" "that's the number left of the description".

Not sure what the best way to phrase the /help for things, but it just made more since when he explained it.
  2. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Ill give an example of why it's necessary to have two steps. What if I have two "dirt" in the shop. One that is just a regular dirt block, and one that gives you 2 blocks of dirt rather than 1. How do I decide which one to give you when you type /shop buy dirt?
  3. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    Yeah I get it and that's why I said that it may not be possible in one line. It's not a big deal to do it in 2 lines, once you understand the commands. I think the big hurdle most are having is the /help for shop isn't explaining it well. I think maybe a short "tutorial" that could be linked in the /shop help could be very useful.
  4. timsandtoms Administrationator

Minecraft Username:
    timsandtoms
  5. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    This will be helpful to many. Should be the first line in the /help. :)
  6. wind2011 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    wind2011
    Someone got rid of the shop page so now we do not know what we can buy and sell besides for doing /shop list, and that takes awhile.
  7. bstats2 Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    bstats2
    Just got the hang of using the new /shop it's actually very helpful.
  8. GreyGoblin Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    GreyGoblin
    I just noticed this too. With the improved in game shop, the web based dynamic price list seems more valuable than ever. Particularly if it were to be updated depicting the various [D:value] options.

This makes me a sad goblin.
  9. kfbullitt Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    KFBullitt
    I've been meaning to ask this. When TimCraft updated to 1.4.6 Tims said
    So the reason there are no clans is because Simpleclans2 breaks the /shop. Now my question is, does the new shop plugin fix that? If it does not then why can't purely make the shop plugin get around clans, since he did create the shop plugin? I realize that Tims also said "The second we're able to install it, we will," so obviously if SimpleClans2 did work then it would already be installed, it's just that I've been wondering why it hasn't been now that we have a new /shop.
    cactusman777 likes this.
  10. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    It isn't on there because nobody has gotten around to it. Not because my rewrite doesn't work with it.
  11. kfbullitt Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    KFBullitt
    I suppose that is good news, so can we have a set date for when someone will have time to install clans?
  12. Bloedig Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Bloedig
    /shop sell "clansbullshit" 1

thank you. ;)

Clans are just so last year and un needed.
  13. Cooperade Distinguished Member

Minecraft Username:
    Cooperade
    Add clans remove pvp.
  14. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    Just a random fact I pulled from the shop database: The shop is currently serving ~950 transactions/day.

No idea, I don't give a shit about clans, so I'm not about to go put it on.
  15. massam100 Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    Massam10
    I still don't get the new shop at all. I don't even know how to buy something. I liked it better when it was just
    /shop buy (item) (amount).
  16. PurelySatanic SOS Brigade Leader

Minecraft Username:
    PurelySatanic
    It is /shop buy <item> <amount>, type in /shop buy gold 10 and it'll give you a list of items with the "gold" in the name, and then you type /shop select <index> where <index> is the number that appears beside the item you want in the list that you see. What's so difficult about that?
  17. massam100 Veteran Member

Minecraft Username:
    Massam10
    I didn't get the index select thanks Purely.